Personal Content Networks, personal publishing on sterioids...

New Term Alert (which I can not take credit for) -- Personal Content Networks...

So what are they and why do I care? Web 2.0 is about "ME" (imagine my index finger pointing at myself), all these cool site are here to provide me with tools to publish stuff about me for me (and maybe my friends, but mostly me). Actually, Web 2.0 is about EGO and getting my 15 seconds of fame, making the world notice me above all the other noise out there. Ok, maybe not quite that bad, but it is about me, myself and I.

Personal Content Networks are personal mashups - here are some current examples of web apps that would support a PCM...
  • 43 Folders/43 Things/43 Places/43 People
  • Some of the 37Signals stuff
  • All Consuming
  • Blogger
  • Clipmarks
  • del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • Flickr
  • Last.fm
  • LiveJournal
  • Simpy
  • Wordpress.com
  • PeopleFeeds
  • Suprglu
  • Blinklist
  • How about Amazon comments
  • How about eBay auctions and feedback
  • Squidoo
  • ....you get the idea
Now I have all this content out there on the web, I've spent hours maintaining it (I mean hours, that turn into day, that turn into weeks). What now?? that's the concept of the PCM - mash all my content together into a sweet looking website - pull it together, with my data, my comments, my photos, my blog entries, my feedback, my maps, my, my oh my. But seriously, there are some innovative sites out there, looking for ways to mashup my content - to hell with trying to go create something - I need to something to keep it all together RightHere, RightNow. So, how about it google, yahoo, aol - why not provide these types of tools. Maybe some of it I want private, some public, some semi-private. There are hundreds of sites that I could go create content on, but it's hard enough to create, let alone stay on top of it all.

So, someone get some semi-geeky people together - along with a few programmers and marketing types -- through in a designer with a mac, and let's get this done. Me, I'm too busy writing blog entries no on will see (let alone read). Because It Is Really About ME!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and go ahead and let me know what you like and don't like. Always looking for ways to improve.