Now you can reserve one today for $10K and the delivered price is expected to be about $200K. But you won't get it until sometime in 2012 - so don't expect to get one for your vacation this summer.
There are other cool features [as if a flying car was not enough] and I would imagine these are still "estimates" because the plan is still in testing and really commercially available...
- Uses standard unleaded gas [just fill up on your way home]
- Airspeed is approximately 120 mph - fuel burn 5 gallons per hour
- Land speed up to 65 mph and 30 mpg
- Range is 450 miles [assume that's flying]
- Store in your garage
- Cargo area can hold skis, fishing poles, golf clubs [see a pattern here?]
- Emergency parachute [this is a really good idea]
What ever you may think about this Flying Car / Drivable Plane - you have to admit it's really cool that it works and is approved to be sold. This is a much better idea than the Car/Boat thingy.