Because I said so (but not for the reason you think)....

I would like you to view this video - do it for yourself, for your family, for your kids, for your friends, for the guy across the street that really pisses you off.

The video is Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Rausch's last lecture - why? Because he found out he had incurable pancreatic cancer - and has only a few months to live. I have no idea how I would react to such news - how I would resolve myself to get up every morning, put my clothes on, and face the day. We all have things crop up in our lives, some seem SOOOO BIG - and let everyone around us know just how big they are - making it impossible for us to see past it.

Our lives are filled with lots of self-induced crap. Our thoughts get so wrapped upon in our Future - what if your future was 90-days? Would you become a better person (or more hedonistic)? Would you love and forgive more - or become mean, criticize and blame other people?

Do yourself a favor and watch this video, then go out and what more of his videos - it's time well spent. (well of course after you go and kiss your wife, kids, call your mom, etc and so on).



Read the story here. Visit his website here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and go ahead and let me know what you like and don't like. Always looking for ways to improve.